I measured my blood pressure this afternoon. I have this vague notion (aspirational, obviously!) that I measure my blood pressure every month or so, but I’m also aware that I haven’t measured it for a few months.
Looking at my database, 28th February! Over four months! I must be more disciplined in future. Fortunately at the end of it all, the measurement itself was ok, 137/80 in the “good” arm and 133/80 in the stroke-affected arm. I have been told that for stroke survivors the numbers of the affected side can often be different to the unaffected side. I’ve known this since in hospital, all that time ago, but never explored it. For the next few readings, I need to measure both arms to see if I can tease out a relationship between the values. I’m pretty sure that what I saw from these measurements can easily be explained by the accuracy of the machine itself.
As you can imagine, trying to put a cuff onto my “good” upper arm either requires someone else to help, or contortion and teeth! So it’d be a lot easier if I can measure the bad arm instead.